The background of the project
dantoy wants to minimize any impact on the environment, so it was a natural step to look at how we can use our own worn and damaged products for our own production through direct recycling. Environment and responsibility are part of dantoy's DNA, and therefore we also want to take responsibility for our products, even when they can no longer be used.
The humble beginnings
We decided to do a pilot project with Randers municipality because they have a strong focus on the environment and recycling, and because they are our neighboring municipality, which is a great advantage in terms of collecting and transporting the toys. The first step was to place a container at the recycling stations where private individuals could drop off their worn dantoy toys. Then, we set up pallets in 15 day care centers and collected worn toys for 2 weeks. We created learning materials with games that involved the children in the collection process.
Since our first collection in Randers municipality, we have successfully collected in several other municipalities, including Mariager Fjord, Aalborg, Rebild, and more.
Take Back now and in the future
We continue to collaborate with different municipalities for ongoing collections, and we are always looking for new municipalities or other partners to collaborate with. We have also established a collaboration with some of our Norwegian distributors for collection in Norway. The goal is simple: we want to collect as much dantoy toys as possible in every possible way.
If you want to collaborate with dantoy on the collection of worn and damaged dantoy toys, please feel free to contact us.
Take Back Responsible
Download piece of information and good advice for educational play experiences with children in relation to sorting toys, etc. If you as a municipality or daycare center would like to move in a sustainable direction, please contact us at dantoy to pick up your worn-out and broken dantoy toys. The folder is in Danish - please contact us if you wish for an english version.Download
13. oktober, 2021 - Plast Forum fortæller om vores første institutionelle indsamling:
28. september, 2021 - Legeakadamiet fortæller mere om vores kampagne, miljøet og vores indsamlingssteder i uge 40 og 41:
16. august, 2021 - Plast Forum deler om vores spændende samarbejde med Genbrugspladsen i Randers m.fl.:
10. august, 2021 - Tv2 Østjylland skriver om vores første måned med indsamling på Randers genbrugsplads:
Tiltag oplever stor opbakning: Legetøj bliver doneret i bunkevis | TV2 ØSTJYLLAND (tv2ostjylland.dk)
7. august, 2021 - HImmerlands "ligenu" har lavet en artikel om dantoy og vores nye kampagne "Take Back" og udvidelsen heraf:
Nordjysk firma giver slidt legetøj nyt liv: - Vi vil gerne tage ansvar | Himmerland LigeHer.nu
5. august, 2021 - DinAvis Randers fortæller om vores første initiativ hos Randers Genbrugsplads:
Kommunen i ny legeaftale med Dantoy - Din Avis